Sunday 26 October 2014

Blood Red Wine

Such a beautiful thing it is, the wine.
As I place the second glass on the tray,
My eye catches on my graceful, slender fingers.
So out of place, performing such a cold-blooded task.

Back and forth, back and forth.
The smooth, red liquid caresses the sides of the glass,
Sloshing gently from side to side,
As I draw nearer to my victim.

Such a beautiful thing it is, the wine.
Two deep, crimson wells of perfection.
Both so shallow, yet so deep.
Both seemingly identical, yet vitally different.

I take a glass, she takes the other
We raise the cups to our lips.
She smiles at me, as my knees buckle.
I chose the wrong glass.

The light is already fading,
My eyes beginning to close.
But I watch as the red trickles between the broken glass.
Such a beautiful thing it is, the wine.











No comments:

Post a Comment